Monday, November 3, 2008

With only hours to go...

Kerry checks in from Michigan:
I spent the bulk of my Sunday making calls to volunteers reminding them that we had only two days to go and that we need them. They responded! This past weekend the Peters campaign had over 1,500 people knocking on over 101,202 doors!

As we closed down the field operation last night, the local news crew came out to check out the impressive operation. Unfortunately, I saw myself on TV on the 11 o'clock news and trust me, none of us look our best on this little sleep. The good news is that they showcased this impressive team in action:

A talented bunch – constantly exceeding the
goals for doors knocked and calls made.

Today, on the eve of Election Day, I'm continuing to help GOTV and recruit volunteers.

I just took a "break" to call in for my regular spot on WCBN's environmental talk show, "It's Hot In Here" (Noon to 1pm Mondays - 88.3fm / wcbn.org) with none other than the candidate for MI-09 himself, Gary Peters to discuss why he is the best choice for our clean energy future. Keep an eye out for the audio file if you missed it and listen to Gary lay out his priorities for the 111th Congress.

Yours truly and Candidate Gary Peters (MI-09)
on the radio earlier today

This will be my last post from the field as I head back to DC in the morning to regroup with my LCV family for Election Day.

It's been a very busy, fun and fulfilling couple of days with the Gary Peters campaign. I wish everyone had the chance to get to know the many people across the country donating their time (and sleep) to elect such outstanding pro-environment candidates as Gary Peters. It's about time we replace a 9% LCV lifetime score with someone who got 100% as a state legislator on Michigan LCV's scorecard.

Count me lucky to just be a part of the Gary Peters team for a few wonderful days.

No comments: